Title: RE: HP to acquire Compaq?
 Wow

History brings about many stories each different, all with an element of truth.

I worked at a place that ran 2 DEC Alpha SQLAnywhere servers. They were very fast machines but DEC service, supports, and parts supply was not good. Compaq purchased DEC because DEC could not sell enough Alpha servers to make a long-term profit. Compaq thought with their name and support system the alpha servers would take off.  Much like BMW buying Chrysler. Well they could not sell very many either.  Now that P4, AMD, Cyrix, and Linux are out there the alpha server is pretty much useless.

 Frankly, I think the HP purchase of Compaq is good for the server market and may bring about faster and better hardware changes.

List Charter and FAQ at: