Since I work at a .edu I get to watch faculty take sabbaticals to go to
great places, work in other peoples labs, explore new stuff, drink lots
of beer, etc. I'm wondering if anyone in the IT industry does this
(sabbatical, not the beer. I'm sure that is universal.) Using myself as
an example, I support a a small network with a couple of exchange
installs with a total of about 300 users and about 175 workstations, but
I would love to have experience with a large deployment, scripting and
building applications, etc. I'll never be able to get that here, but if
it was an option to take a sabbatical and work in industry for 6 months
or a year doing this it would be great. Just curious if anyone has ever
heard of this or done it. My impression is that bouncing from job to job
is the equivalent but I don't like that option very much.

Thanks,

jbh

List Charter and FAQ at: