Title: SMTP mail to exchange help

My sql product utilizes the IIS SMTP service to allow e-mail.  II4, nt4, sp6a.  The exchange server is 5.5, sp3, nt5 sp5.

A couple months ago I changed our ip addresses when we changed ISPs. Frankly the e-mail capability wasn't utilized very much, so no one noticed it wasn't working.

I think the exchange server is supposed to allow relaying from this server. Maybe I haven't configured it correctly?

Here's what the .rtr file shows:
Connection to [nn.nnn.nnn.2] with Ip Address nn.nnn.nnn.2 failed from sharla.scottsdalechamber.com-nn.nnn.nnn.6
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Server received Winsock error Connection timed out.

The .2 ip address is the exchange server. The .6 ip address is the sql server which is also running IIS/smtp.

Ray Zorz
Information Technology Manager
Scottsdale Area Chamber - The Business Alliance
480-429-2241
http:\\www.scottsdalechamber.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

List Charter and FAQ at: