From: Allen Crawford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 11:59 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: POP3 issue after disabling relay

The same thing happened with us.  We had to relay for our Goldmine users
because they do not have this option.  We are closed now and make the
Goldmine users connect through the VPN.  So in our Routing Restrictions tab,
we've checked "Hosts and clients that successfully authenticate" as well as
"Hosts and clients with these IP addresses", then included our private
internal IP range.
However, Ali mention that they *unchecked* "Hosts and clients with these IP
addresses" to close their relay.  Everything I have read suggests that this
should be *checked* but that no IP addresses should be listed in order to
close the relay.  Either way, checking the box in Outlook/Outlook Express
and even Netscape Mail clients I believe, should fix the problem.