From: "Robin Lawrie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 8:56 AM
Subject: RE: Non-existant Exch Server

There is no simple reg hack for this. The details of the server are
stored in AD so it needs to be removed from here.

Do you have any other exchange servers other than the one you fixed? If
so, the best way to remove the server from AD is to find the server in
Exchange System Manager and delete it from here.

My feeling though is that this is your only exchange server in which
case this may not be the solution to your problem but just check
anyway........since AD stores this info and you've rebuilt Exchange
server, the old server may still appear in ESM.

If not, you need to delete the old exchange server from AD manually.
This is very dangerous though so use caution here. I can't give you the
exact answer, but I suggest you use ADSI Edit and look under the
Configuration Container/Services/Microsoft Exchange and look for
instances of your old server and delete them.

Please remember, this is an off-the-top-of-my-head thought. Search
TechNet and Knowledge base for supported resolutions to your problem. I
have included this idea as I'm sure any answer MS will provide will be
along these lines.