Warning:  Unhelpful, but very therapeutic, rant:

I don't have much in the way of useful assistance here, other than, don't
use ArcServeIT.  The exchange agent is crap.  It's worse than a buttload of
POP connectors.

Is this opinion from the bandwagon of Computer Associates bashers?  No, it's
from using the poorly written product for a few years.  I no longer support
nor intend to jeopardize important information such as email with any CA
product as a result of working with the Exchange Agents.  They do make some
good software, but not in this department.

Again, though ignored multiple times before, I invite Computer Associates to
join this forum of peers and defend their applications to the people that
actually use them.  Because, last I checked there is no Computer Associates
MVP programme, and frankly you don't have enough money to afford me to look
up the answer.

Otherwise, it would seem you need sufficient rights to install this
software, and you don't have such.

Some thoughts...

>>Exchange server 5.5 SP2

Why only sp2?  I hope you at least have the post-sp2 IMS fixes applied or
you do not have this connected to the internet.

>>I suspect the Exchange Administrator account is corrupted.

Not the likely target.

>>I logged into the Service Account and made sure I was Administrator there
too.

I'm not sure I understand that.

>>When I tried to install A/V software I couldn't log in as Exchange
Administrator either.

That must have been the other frustrating piece of crap software known as
EjaculateIT.  Personally, I'd go with grisoft's product (www.grisoft.com),
as Warren has done, if I could.

The above thoughts are solely my own.

William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP