Title: RE: Exchange 5.5 Problems

Here, here, well spoken, Bruce!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jones Matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 2:40 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 5.5 Problems

If you do not have a backup system, in the event of a disaster you cannot recover anything. Only restore from CD. I do not believe any company values its data so little.

Your PRIME job as a sys adm is to insist on a backup strategy. It's obviously a small company, so for god's sake, we're not talking megabucks. A cheap DAT drive is only £350. A jaz drive is less than £200. If they refuse to pay for it, tell them that it's fine. Then re-install exchange from scratch, re-setting up all the users. If the business makes a decision not to invest in this area, that is their job. Yours is to make sure they are fully aware of the consequences of that decision. Direct anyone who complains at the idiot who refused you the money.

Matt