From:   Robin Lawrie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, November 07, 2001 6:03 AM
To:     MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject:        RE: Calculate "cost" of email signature

I would of thought the email signature wouldn't take up that much space
in your IS. If you talking about a basic text only signature, that would
be about 500-750 bytes, less than 1K. HTML signatures could be much
larger depending on the code in them, the graphics etc etc.

What you could to do to estimate the space taken up by the sigs is to
assume signatures are 1K, work out how many emails are in your IS (don't
know the details on this one, someone else might have an idea), guess
how many are likely to have signatures (i.e. all of them, 50% of them,
75% of them) and then do the maths.

It would be very difficult to get an exact figure because how would a
bit of software or code differentiate between someone's signature and a
normal sign off?

Hope my thoughts/ramblings help :-)