From: Lefkovics, William [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 4:35 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange SMTP Routing

If by "administering" you mean re-engineering vital components and
eliminating silly potential buffer overflow possibilities etc then I'm right
there with you buddy!

NT is not written well enough from the ground up.  You can administer it til
the cows come home.  Don't get me wrong, it's decent.  But there are
flavours of Unix written and audited line by line from the ground up with
the intention of not being open to any security vulnerability.  NT can't
compare to that.  It was written to be mass sold and user friendly.  It's
not just the OS, but the way applications must work atop it can also expose
NT.  You can make it pretty secure, no doubt.  But OpenBSD for example is
secure out of the box.

Just my thoughts.

William