We currently have 2 servers in our site, both running NT 4, SP6 and Exchange 5.5, SP4.
 We are about to upgrade one of the servers (Server1) to Windows 2000, Exchange 5.5
and would like to eliminate the other (Server 2) altogether.

I followed the procedures in Q189286 XADM: How to Delete a Server from a Site.
Specifically, I have gone through all public folders and made sure that they have
Server 1 as the home server.  I have removed the replication from Server2.  I have
also moved all mailboxes off Server2 onto Server1.  Tonight I am going to go through
and make sure that all distribution lists show Server1 as the expansion server.

Are there any other steps I should take before removing Server 2 from the site?
Besides backup of course?

List Charter and FAQ at: