From: Crosby, Tim (Sarcom) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 1:06 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Removing server from site

We currently have 2 servers in our site, both running NT 4, SP6 and Exchange
5.5, SP4.  We are about to upgrade one of the servers (Server1) to Windows
2000, Exchange 5.5 and would like to eliminate the other (Server 2)
altogether.

I followed the procedures in Q189286 XADM: How to Delete a Server from a
Site.  Specifically, I have gone through all public folders and made sure
that they have Server 1 as the home server.  I have removed the replication
from Server2.  I have also moved all mailboxes off Server2 onto Server1.
Tonight I am going to go through and make sure that all distribution lists
show Server1 as the expansion server.

Are there any other steps I should take before removing Server 2 from the
site?  Besides backup of course?

List Charter and FAQ at: