From: Kevin Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 2:49 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: ever growing log files

Lair .. You are too....

As usual Diane is correct.

--
Kevinm M WLKMMAS, UCC+WCA, CKWSE CKST

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Beckham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 11:35 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues

Tim, I'm not a Exchange expert, but I don't think those are the
transaction log files that are flushed when a backup is done (at least
they aren't on my Exchange Server)  Those are the MDBData logs and
usually start like edbxxxx.log  and they are always 5,120KB.  The log
files you are looking at, I think, is caused by someone who has set up
message tracking or diagnostic logging.  I think you can just delete
them, but you better ask Martin, Don, Kevin, or William to be sure.
Look around in Exchange Admin to see if you have any type of diagnostics
being logged.

HTH,

Diane