I'm not sure how you can expect it to retain SIS?  The new mailbox
move is basicly an automated EXMERGE. When we started our conversion we
had about 2000 accounts on one clustered Exchange 5.5 server and the Pub
EDB was at about 30Gig. We moved to a 2 node Exchage 2000 cluster with 3
storeage groups and 13 mailbox databases. After the move the mailbox
databases took up about 80Gig. When moving a mailbox the process can't
tell if an item linked to the user has already been moved to the new
database and it can't leave the link pointing to the original item which
is now in a different database from the users new mailbox so it has to
copy everything over and thus lose SIS.

 My understanding of the process after converting our companies 2000
users from Exch 5.5 to E2K.

1) Find the selected mailbox.
2) Create a new mailbox on the server/database selected by the admin
3) Copy all items linked to the original mailbox to the new mailbox.
4) Verify everything copied over ok.
5) Update AD to point the account to the new mailbox and start
replicating the security changes.
6) Delete old mailbox.

Of course, I could be wrong and the steps above may not be all of them
or in the excact order but it's what I observed upgrading our servers.

Rod Leonard
Webmaster, Groupware Systems Administrator
Swagelok Information Services

-
Douglas Adams