Thanks Kevin,

I actually had just discovered the categories option before receiving your
message and I think that will do the trick.

-----Original Message-----
From: Snook, Kevin S (ITD) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 12:36 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: custom fields for email messages

Tim,

Take a look at Categories for adding the Department. Get your user to add
all Departments to his Master Category List. Then add the Category
(Department) using View-Options in the Read window for each message. Then
use the Customise Current View (or Cretae a new view) to Group by Categories
and the sort by Subject.

Seems a lot of hassle to me but I guess we are here to serve!!

Kevin