Title: RE: No budget backups of exchange server on a SBS box, How to???
I agree, you can even write a batch file that stops the services ("net stop bla bla bla") and Xcopies it to another share, then restarts the services. You can schedual it to happen after hours ..

worked for me in the bad old days..

Later
From: Micciche, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 15 January 2002 10:00
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: No budget backups of exchange server on a SBS box, How to???

Williams solution (Stop Exchange, copy databases) is the cheapest and most effective "dirtbag" way of backing up Exchange with no budget.  I highly recommend you stop what you are doing now and try it.  Schedule Exchange to stop with the AT command and a batch file.  The batch file should copy the databases after Exchange stops and then restart exchange.  Remember that Exchange will need a 30 seconds or so to stop.

PS Don't be offended by the "Dirtbag" moniker- it's nothing personal.