Believe the key indication is the ms-tnef - on the 5.5 IMS there is a setting on
the Internet Mail tab, Advanced options called "Send Microsoft Exchange rich
text formatting" - options are User, Always & Never.  Believe this can also be
set on a per domain basis.  Having this set to always or user and having the
user set the equivalent option can cause exactly this result when sending to
some non-MS mail systems.  As I recall, tnef (Transport Neutral Encoding
Format?) is intended for sending from MS to MS across non-MS relays - not all
non-ms systems understand this format.

"Crosby, Tim (Sarcom)" wrote:

> Oh, and by the way, I just looked at one of the replies back from someone
> who couldn't open the attachment.  This appears where the attachment would
> normally be:

> > >    Part 1.2    Type: application/ms-tnef
> > >            Encoding: base64

> >                             Name: Club Pub Services.doc
> >    Club Pub Services.doc    Type: Winword File (application/msword)

"WorldSecure Server <safeway.com>" made the following
 annotations on 01/16/02 14:41:13
Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Safeway corporate e-mail
system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the recipient.
This e-mail may contain information proprietary to Safeway and is intended only for
the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately.

List Charter and FAQ at: