Title: Message
We simply set up a windows 2000 user account for each resource mailbox and gave it limited domain access.  As for the public folders, make sure that default and anonymous both have the "contributor" role for permissions.

Danny Cahoon
-----Original Message-----
From: Senter, John M [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 12:43 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Resource mailboxes with 2000

We are in the process of starting our 2000 migration investigation.  One thing that keeps coming up is that we will have to lose all of the resource mailboxes that we have tied to a user or group.  For those of you that have already undergone this migration, what did you do with the resource mailboxes?

We use the Public Folders for all internal activity, but I have not been able to get external e-mail to come into a public folder, I keep getting errors about the system not having permissions to access the folder.  We turned off Anonymous access years ago, but I tried turning it on during this test but still received the errors.  Internal users could send to the folders with no problems.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

js

  • John Senter
  • Sr. NT System's Administrator
  • St. Jude Children's Research Hospital