I thought I probably was.  You are exactly right, though.  After some
experimenting I found that the UDGs are not being converted to USGs.  When
I assign permissions to a UDG they are not applied.  When I assign
permissions to a mail-enabled USG permissions are applied.  Which leads to
a few questions:

What should I be looking for in Event Viewer - do you know right off hand?
What is the recommended way of handling UDGs vs. USGs?  ie. I don't see
any real advantages of a UDG if a USG can do the same thing.

Regards.

> You're missing something.  Just because a group is in the GAL doesn't
> mean it's a "disty" group.  You can have a mail-enabled "seccy" group
> too!
>
> Neil Hobson
>
> Silversands
> http://www.silversands.co.uk