Title: Counting mailboxes
-----Original Message-----
From: Drewski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 11:48 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Counting mailboxes

It's easier to delete the few than count the many.

However, I believe that Bill's right -- it's by users, not by mailboxes.  Now, if you only have 1 user per mailbox...

And if I have a user who connects here at work, AND from home (using OWA)? I thought we had hashed out the fact that the license goes by connected device, so that user would require *2* licenses. Which blows holes in my 1 user, 1 mailbox, 1 CAL" theory. :-)

Also, since NAV (and the administrator) both log in (altho NAV is not a human), that counts as a CAL. But what of the other accounts that also access other mailboxes (Free/Busy connector; System Attendent)? Don't they need a CAL, since they are using Exchange-specific resources?

List Charter and FAQ at: