From: Bob Christian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 1:02 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Applying Mailbox Limits....After the Fact

It depends on your goals.  Most companies use POP3 and a Flavor if Linux
or FreeBSD.  This is primarily because of the low hardware and software
cost of implementing such a solution.  You can also use something like
IMHO* to give webmail access to messages stored on the server.

There are positives and negatives with Exchange hosting.  The negative
is the licensing cost and equipment required to run Exchange as an ASP.
The positive, IMHO, has to be the ability to keep the data reposed on
the server and use OWA 2002 to access it!

Microsoft's technet site has several articles on hosting Exchange.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/exchange

Bob

Bobby J. Christian II
NT Systems Engineer