From: Neil Raggett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 6:06 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Brick Level backups using Veritas 8.6

The only point I would make in addition to the below with regards to Deleted
Item recovery on all folders is that it doesn't work on Contacts, Notes,
Tasks and Colander items (Not sure about Journal items).

I've done about 2 restores in about the last year, once for an accidental
deletion of a mailbox and another for a load of 'hard' deleted contacts.

He advises waiting a month before mailbox deletion, I prefer using exmerge
to copy the mailbox to an archive area (We leave it there for a month or 2)
along with a copy of the users profile and home dir and then delete the
account.  This way you have an exact copy of any data you delete and keeps
everything tidy.

I also don't advertise the availability of the recover deleted items option.
Generally the user doesn't need to know about it and the ones that do often
purge that as well.

Neil