From: Bob Falkenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 1:28 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: performance issues

Hello folks,

Have a hardware issue that has required me to consolidate users from 2 servers on to 1 server. Users are complaining about Outlook just hanging. This is an Exchange 5.5 sp4 site running on NT 4.0 sp6 servers.  The hardware itself is a Compaq DL 380 Dual Pentium III - 733 with 500 mb of ram.  There is plenty of disk space on the all 3 partitions.

The server went from having about a 190 users on it to having 370 users. I thought that there would be more then enough CPU and Memory on this box to accommodate the additional users so that I could trouble shoot the other box but it doesn't appear so.

Does this box sound like it should be able to accommodate this many users? Does it need more memory?

Performance monitor shows much higher CPU usage for the STORE which is to be expected with increase in users but its not pegged all the time.

Opinions?

Bob F.

List Charter and FAQ at: http://www.sunbelt-software.com/exchange_list_charter.htm

List Charter and FAQ at: