Title: Message

I have this same setup and it works fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Holmgren [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 10:08 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Moving our exchange 5.5 server to DMZ

Good grief, don't do that!

Put a simple SMTP machine in your DMZ to forward internet mail to your Exchange server (leaving Exchange inside).  Only allow external SMTP traffic to Exchange via the external SMTP server (through your firewall).

That'll be $10,000 (consultant's fee) - please.  :)

"Those that can, do....those that can't, consult"

-Jim

Jim Holmgren MCSE, CCNA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Engineer
Advertising.com

We bring innovation to interactive communication.
Advertising.com -- Superior Technology. Superior Performance.