From: Siegfried Weber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 15:19
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Instant Messenger Service

The fix is to enable "Store passwords in reversible encryption" [1] and
reset each user password. Exchange 2000 IM doesn't use NTLM auth.

[1] You have to make the decision if you want to allow that yourself.
It's just the action need to be done to use Exchange IM from outside a
firewall.

<Siegfried />

MSN
> Messenger is an application specific browser.
>
> I am aware of issues with the MSN Messenger that ships with XP.  I
replace
> it with the MSN Messenger 4.6 from the Exchange download.

Firewall
> stuff, but it appears that I need some help.
> Specifically - does this/will this work or am I spinning my wheels?
> What is the client side config to point it to an exchange based IM
server
> that is not inside the current IP scope?
>
> My boss awaits with bated breath.  I'd like to know also :)
>
> TIA
>
> John Weber
> Consultant
> Centerlogic