From: Miller Bonnie L. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 11:47 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Backup Exec Problem

Not sure what Veritas has suggested already, but it sounds like it might be a permissions issue.  I wouldn't want to leave it this way, but have you tried attaching to the server for backups by using the exchange service account and then only backing up the last two items (Directory and Information Store)?  We back up our E2k servers with BE 8.5 from a different machine than the Exchange servers.  We backed up our EX5.5 server the same way for several years before that using Veritas software w/o resorting to BLB.  I would also question having the option checked to use OFO-shouldn't need it for just the stores (again, separate the job from your drive backups, where you can use OFO).  One other thing-have you attempted to run this at a different time?  Scheduled jobs or other Exchange tasks might be running in the night.

Just ideas,

Bonnie