It still depends on the situation.  Our best programmer was a college
drop-out.  I'm sure he makes the most money out of all the programmers too.
Very, very intelligent man...and good programmer obviously.

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Ely, Don [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, April 04, 2002 8:47 AM
To:     MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject:        RE: WLKMMAS

I'll agree with you on "a", it is more difficult to get a job in Europe
without a degree, but it's not impossible.  I had an opportunity to go work
in the UK that I wound up passing on.

I'd have to disagree with "b" in some respects since at least in my case,
I've had many interviews with many types of companies, small, medium, and
large.  Granted, that is just my experience.

The main exceptions I can see are for programmers, I believe most of them
are still pretty much required to have a degree.  At least for the high
paying jobs...

Don Ely
Network Engineer
Tripath Imaging, Inc.