Title: Message

Aren't you walking on thin ice by mandating a mass delete based on age? I would be massacred for that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Abercrombie, Sherry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 1:55 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Mailbox size limits

I don't use quotas either.....not by my choice but because mgmt. won't let me.  I do however, use Mailbox Manager which runs every weekend and deletes anything older than 45 days.  Right now the largest mailbox I have is just over 200MB, at one time however, I had several that were getting close to the 1GB mark.  My CTO gently prodded them into cleaning them up.  Now those users aren't even in the top ten......

At one time the age in date was 60 days for MBM, but when we told mgmt that we would either have to reduce the size of our IS on Exchange, or upgrade to Enterprise edition, which was no longer available, because we were getting too close to the 16 GB limit on Exchange 5.5 standard, they changed it to 45 days and the memo came from the CEO.  No whining was heard....:)  One of the few times that ever happened....