Exchange 5.5 Sp4 W2k Sp2.
One of our consultants is trying to send an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] This just sits in the queue and throws back
NDR's at the specified intervals until it finally gives up trying. I used
the interactive DNS MX-verify CGI available at zmailer.org. The first
portion returns the following:
Doing resolver lookup for T=MX domain=``helix.mgh.harvard.edu''
Questionable: NO MX DATA: domain=``helix.mgh.harvard.edu'' We SIMULATE!
Do have at least one MX entry added!

It does however connect and returns an 'OK'.

When I run the Exchange utility restest.exe I get and error, "an error
occurred while trying to resolve IP address for helix.mgh.harvard.edu. This
message would have been queued for another delivery attempt later. Check
your DNS configuration and make sure your DNS servers are running".

The DNS server is running on a different W2K server on my network and it has
forwarders set to my external DNS servers. My Exchange server is setup to
use this W2K internal DNS server. If I run nslookup from my Exchange server
it correctly connects to that server and if I lookup
"helix.mgh.harvard.edu." and returns the same IP address that is returned by
the Interactive DNS test connection.

It is only email address sitting in the outbound queue at present so it is
unclear whether other addresses are failing. I do not believe the problem is
on my end but wanted see if any of the Exchange experts had any ideas.

Thanks
-Dave Vantine

List Charter and FAQ at: