Title: Message
I believe you need to stop all exchange services except the system attendant and start your restore.  Uncheck the "No Loss Restore" option in BE if you want to return to exactly what you had when the backup was done.  Then try and start the IS.  You'll probably have to do a defrag to get it started.
-----Original Message-----
From: MHR(Michael Ross) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 12:24 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: restores

let me ask you this...
Im doing a restore of my exchange server.
I have created an off lan server, setup the same way as my production server.
I made an online backup of the production server.
I want to restore it on my test lan's server , which is my recovery server.
both servers are the same org, site, and server name.
within backup exec, i choose to restore the information store.
do i need to take my store offline for this, or will it do it online?
i thought i should take it offline, and when the job is done, do an isinteg -patch command and be done.
am i right?

List Charter and FAQ at:
List Charter and FAQ at: