I’m not sure if there is a defacto equation, or rather I’m not sure what it is..

But I’ve seen quotes of “around 30%”..

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-31455/abpc/abpcpost.html

http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/dir.96.05.16-96.05.22/msg00367.html

http://www.roads.lut.ac.uk/lists/pgp-mime/1996/02/0027.html

That’s just a couple of the examples of the increase in size.

Thanks

Rob