I've gotten it to work by typing in the name of the username (mailbox name)
vs the username when I had this same issue.

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Desiree Herrmann [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Wednesday, June 05, 2002 9:05 AM
        To:     MS-Exchange Admin Issues
        Subject:        RE: OWA not working on one mailbox

        I had this same issue with the President here, and it ended up as
far as I could tell that when I changed his username to match our new
aliases, it messed up the account.  I say as far as I can tell because he
hadn't tried to get into OWA for a couple months after we had it
installed...  So, recreating the mailbox, and associating it with his new
username worked.