Title: RE: Death to the evil PST

The first gotcha is the Exchange 5.5 IS limit.  It is 16G not 16T.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ropiak Steve - NAO Florence Office IT [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 9:28 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Death to the evil PST

Based on numerous posts here, we have decided to eliminate the use of PST's (and light beer) in our company and go with info stores in the mailbox.  We are running Exch 5.5 Standard SP 4 on NT4 SP6a.  There are about 2,000 users in our site.  I'm curious how large some of your databases are and any difficulties associated with handling large Exchange databases.  I am trying to "retrain" our management here to think in terms of limiting mailbox sizes, establishing a retention policy, etc., etc.  But, in case we don't get there, other than the 16 TB limit, are there any other "gotchas" out there waiting for me?

mit freundlichen Grüßen,(Best Regards),
Steve Ropiak
ZF Group NAO
CERT, Exchange Administrator