If you check the properties of the name after it pops up in the To: line,
does it give you any information?
Have you tried searching the registry for any references to that name?

-----Original Message-----
From: Blake R. Fowkes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 4:58 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Phantom email address

Its an external address.  It comes up when the user starts typing in the To
field. Automatic name checking is turned on.  I have checked the Exchange
server and can not find it there either.

Thanks,
Blake Fowkes
Waid and Associates
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail.
- Muriel Strode