From: Zach Mathew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 12:53 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Moving Exchange Server 5.5

Anyone know of any issues if you try to bring a new NT 4 server into a
domain using the same computer name as the old server?

We are planning to move our current Exchange server 5.5 to a Compaq ML370
with 3-18 gig drives running RAID 5.  The plan is to shut down the old
server, install NT 4 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 Enterprise ed. on the new server
and use the same server name as the old. If the install goes sour we would
like to be able to bring the old server back online till problems are
resolved. Would we run into problems with the SIDs (or any other problems)
if we attempt to bring the old server back online once the new server is
joined to the domain?  Also, the existing Exchange server is a BDC as will
be the new one.

Would appreciate any thoughts/advice. Thanks.

Zach Mathew

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: