Happy Friday!

We are running Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on NT 4.0 SP 6a in production.  I am
testing our DR abilities.  We use Backup Exec 8.5 to perform online backups
with the Exchange agent.  We have 3 mail servers: mail1 (first in site),
mail2, and macmail.

I built a little test network.  I built a BDC in our production environment,
and then moved it to it's own network, promoting it to the PDC.  I then
built mail1 just like it exists live.  I restored the IS, DS, DSADATA and
MDBDATA directories.  Everything went smoothly.

I wanted to then test the ability to test mail2.  I renamed mail1 to mail2,
and restored the appropriate files.  I get the following error when
attempting to start the IS: "The Microsoft Exchange Information Store
service returned service specific error 4015."  When I look in event viewer,
I see these two:

Event ID: 1121
Source: MSExchangeIS
Error 0xfaf connecting to the Microsoft Exchange Server Directory Service.

Event ID:5000
Source: MSExchangeIS
Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.
Error 0xfaf.

Any ideas???  The DS starts no problem.  Is it related to the first server
in the site not being present?

Eric

List Charter and FAQ at: