This is a rather new tactic that appears to be making the rounds.
NAI has their notorious "renew your contract or delete our software message"

-----Original Message-----
From: Crouthamel, Jonathan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 12:41 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: FW: Software Compliance OT

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else received similar email from vendors after you evaluated
their software. I was somewhat surprised at the tone...especially the part
about avoiding further legal action. I evaluated the software on a test
network and removed it when I found it didn't fit what I was looking for. Is
it my imagination or are sales guys getting really pushy lately...sorry for
the OT post, just had to rant.

Jonathan