From: Patrick Baird [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 01 August 2002 15:16
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2000 SP3 - Doesn't remove Post-SP2 Security Hotfix

I installed Windows 2000 SP3, then Exchange 2000 SP3 on our 'test'
production box (it's a desktop configured equal to our production
server)

It had the following to Post-SP2 hotfixes on it:
        http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q320436
(Malformed Mail Attack)
        http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q316056
(Admin Tool Fixes)

When I installed SP3 for Exchange, it left both in add/remove.

Looking at the Exchange SP3 fix list, Q320436 is there as included.
Q316056 is not, and its Q articles still says Post-SP2.

An Example file from Q320436
        29-Apr-2002  15:04  6.0.5770.91    676,352
%EXSRVROOT%\Bin\Davex.dll
--After SP3 Install
        18-Jun-2002  10:17  6.0.6249.0  660,000
%EXSRVROOT%\Bin\Davex.dll

An Example file from Q315056
        Mad.exe 6.0.5770.21
--After SP3 Install
        Mad.exe 6.0.6249.0

So, 2 questions:

1. Is Q315056 included in SP3 even though the include list doesn't have
it. 2. Should I remove them both through add/remove or will this cause
issues?

Thanks All!

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: