From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 10:46 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Email de-duplicator?

You can run isinteg on a dismounted database - pretty much ANY
dismounted database - and it will give you warnings. This is because
isinteg is a utility and not a database engine itself. You can tell
isinteg to fix those warnings, and run it multiple times until there
aren't any more warnings, and you've just detuned your indexes.

I expect (but admit that I do not know it for sure) that those warnings
are what are being reported by GoExchange.

Db integrity is checked 100% with every single online backup that you
take. 100%. You can't back up a corrupted database with online backup.
It aborts.

And in Exchange 2007 sp1, it's regularly checked on an ongoing basis.

In my Exchange 5.0 to 5.5 migration, I had a call that lasted for 32
hours with Microsoft. They stuck with me all the way. When I had a
RAID-5 failure with a bad backup tape on SBS-2000 (and Exchange 5.5 had
a custom version in SBS 2000), I had as many as eight engineers working
with me to make that right. It took 3 days. And cost me - you guessed it
- about $250.

Yes, sometimes frontline support can be idiots - but I've never had MSFT
fail me in a critical support situation.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith

MCSE/Exchange MVP

http://TheEssentialExchange.com