From: Greg Mulholland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 1:58 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: ISINTEG question.

I'd agree with that

I recently had an issue with a corrupt database, albeit a very small part,
possibly one mailbox. The error in the backup was The 'Microsoft Information
Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d).' from a call to
'HrESEBackupRead()' . There was a temptation for a second to run eseutil and
isinteg on the database for a fix but certainly everything ide been taught and
read was that these tools (isinteg particularly) can be abrasive to the
database and potentially cause more issues. In my situation I was without a
decent backup for a while as well.

I set about moving databases to new stores. It also gave me a chance to break
apart the stores in to more meaningful and manageable blocks and also re-define
my logs and databases drives a little better since build. I have now have 3
storage groups with a private store in each for my 3 clear different user
levels. In the process I managed to find a mailbox that had a few corrupted
items which I have re-created (mail gets pst'd after every year, so she has a
copy at home anyway) I could have run isinteg on the remaining mailbox in the
default store but wth its only one mailbox!!

I am now happy to report that the backups of each store are going swimmingly.
Thanks Michael for your help..