As far as I know, MCSE Certifications do not expire.  MCP certifications
do expire one year after the exam has been retired but not MCSE's.

The new 2008 certifications will expire every three years unless renewed
but older 2000 and 2003 MCSE certifications do not.

I may be mistaken but I am basing my opinion on this quote from
Microsoft's Certification website:

Q. What happens to my current certification?

A. Professionals who hold any currently recognized Microsoft
certification do not need to renew their credentials. Your current
credentials will be recognized as long as they are in demand, and they
will continue to be supported by Microsoft.

Microsoft also continues to recognize specializations in Messaging and
Security for the MCSA and MCSE certifications, with the exception of
certifications that have already expired.

Q. Will my current certifications expire?

A. No, your current certifications will not expire

Hope this helps,

Steve Moore, MCSA, MCSE
Amerex Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]