From: Steve Hart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 1:52 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: What would YOU want to know?

I would LOVE a complete installation guide.

There are so many variables in the installation procedure and very
little online documentation. A perfect book would talk about ALL of the
prereqs, including the common stuff (you need 64 bit server) to the less
common stuff (if you have trusted domains with Exchange, they need a
2003 DC). It would cover all of the setup.com switches and what each one
does in detail, then the install procedure, what the roles are and what
a particular install will need. It would cover entering the key, setting
up certs, OWA, OMA, OAB, all of the little detailed steps. Then, it
would cover properly decomissioning Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers.

After a couple weeks of learning and quite a bit of struggling, I
finally ran out of time and called in a consultant for our first E2007
install. His documentation is a document that they circulate internally,
because they haven't found any complete sources either.

Steve