From: Matt Lathrum [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 7:02 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Naming convention suggestions

Does anyone have any naming convention suggestions for me?  I’m working on a
deployment for Exchange 2007 SP1 with 2 node CCR clusters, edge transport, hub
transport, and CAS servers.  My naming constraint is 4 letters followed by 3
numbers.

For instance, for the mailbox nodes, I was thinking of something like:

Virtual

Physical

EXVS011

EXPN011

EXPN012

EXVS021

EXPN021

EXPN022

VS is Virtual Server and PN is Physical Node. 11 stands for cluster 1 node 1,
and 22 stands for cluster 2 node 2.

I don’t want to make the names too confusing.  I was wondering how other people
named their larger installations and if they had any suggestions for me.