I don't think that there is a program that will do what you are asking.
Basically, you must be in the actual mailbox, not attached to it via some
permissions etc, to setup OOF, which means you are going to have to give
"Ownership" level permissions in order to do this.   Wouldn't it be easier
to give these employees the ability to connect to their mailboxes remotely
so that they can do it for themselves?

Oh, and if you say management has demanded this, you might want to ask
management if they have checked on the legal aspect of this.

--
Sherry Abercrombie

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
-Albert Einstein