You need to look at your recipient policies, and your Recipient Update
Service.  IMHO.

________________________________

From: Jonathan Link [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:53 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Distribution list not being displayed in Global

Back from the world of public accounting.  Actually, I'm still there,
but my role has changed a bit...

I've recently assumed network administration duties for a Windows SBS
2003 deployment with Exchange (2003) installed.  I last worked with
Exchange at version 2000 over two years ago.

As I recall, when one adds a distribution group through the Exchange
provided Active Directory Users and Computers that group should
automatically be displayed in the Global Address List, unless you've
selected otherwise.  Unfortunately that I don't see the group, and I had
to shoehorn the user into the GAL, and don't recall the steps I took to
do it.  Also, when I create new users, or groups, no email addresses
appear in the Email addresses tab.  As I recall this isn't normal
behavior.  And to provide complete information, I did select Universal
and I did select Distribution for the scope and type, respectively.  A
quick google search didn't really stand out at me, but I may not be
searching for the correct thing, if so, I'll take my punishment like a
man! :-)

Mainly, I'm looking for a sanity check or  a possible idea of what/where
to look to fix this.  Also, I need a good book to pickup for Exchange
2003 specifically.  The previous admin purchased all the books
personally and removed them when he left.  That won't be the case with
me, but it's another story altogether.  It also wouldn't suprise me if
this is a messed up configuration, since I've seen plenty of messed up
configurations since assuming the responsibility.

Thanks,

Jonathan S. Link

Note:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and
protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.