I am being told that plain text messages being sent by ol2007 to a recipient
have the body base64 encoded. Looking at
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232174.aspx it suggests that "When
SMTP messages contain elements that are not plain US-ASCII text, the message
must be encoded to preserve those elements." I am trying to figure out what
elements these are and why they exist when the message was composed with "plain
text" setting on?

To further the confusion, the article also states "When an encoding algorithm
is applied to the message body data, the message body data is transformed into
plain US-ASCII text. This transformation allows the message to travel through
older SMTP messaging servers that only support messages in US-ASCII text."
Which leads me to understand that although the body may be Base 64 encoded, it
should also have a plain text version as well? So I later find this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946641 which suggests option
6<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946641%20which%20suggests%20option%206>, "Use
Base64 encoding for HTML and for plain text, unless line wrapping is enabled in
plain text. If line wrapping is enabled in plain text, use Base64 encoding for
HTML and 7-bit encoding for plain text." That looks like it could fix my issue,
but how the heck do you enable "line wrapping in plain text"?

Any ideas appreciated,
jlc