From: Jim Dandy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 January 2008 00:50
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: "Error" when removing last Exchange 5.5 server

I'm about ready to remove my last Exchange 5.5 server.  When I go to
delete the server it gives me a message

There are 3 mailboxes and gateways on this server.  All these gateways
will be deleted.  All mailboxes and their contents will also be deleted.
You can use the move mailbox command on the tools menu to move mailboxes
to a different server.

Since this step is not reversible, I'm a bit frightened to move forward.
Two mailboxes that are left are

  Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector (EXCHANGE)
  System Attendant

I'm not sure what the third mailbox or gateway is that it's talking
about.  The only connector that exists in the 2003 Exchange System
Manager is "Internet Mail SMTP connector" and that is on a 2003 server.
The Exchange 5.5 Administrator doesn't show any connectors other than
"Internet Mail SMTP connector" either.

Do I need to migrate these two mailboxes?  What is the third mailbox or
gateway that I will be deleting when I delete the 5.5 server?  Will I
experience negative results if I proceed with removing the 5.5 server?

Thanks for your help.

Curt