One of our other companies, for whom I didn't set up the Exchange server, don't
have control over, but have to tell them how to fix problems, is getting the
following NDR when they send to or reply to e-mail at one specific domain.

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
<server.domain.local #5.5.0 smtp;550-Verification failed for <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>>

The receiving domain the e-mail is being sent to is using Exim mail server
software.

After doing some research I am fairly certain the NDR is being caused by the
Exchange server returning server.domain.local rather than mail.domain.com.  But
I haven't figured out how to get Exchange to return the correct name.

How do I get the Exchange server to return the correct DNS name?