I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but as long as CPU and memory are
not being overly taxed, the user can get away with expanding his storage
into an external array. Either a 7 or 14 drive bay would work well, 10K
disks at 73.4 Gbytes per disk.

You can run the drive array as a striped set to give you the maximum i/o
available.

Transaction logs would go on the original drive array, after converting
it to a two drive mirror set and reformatting it to FAT32.

I would also break your users into two or three MDB's under one Storage
Group.

Online maintenance should run from midnight to 6 a.m. (or an hour or so
before your start of business hours) and then run 24 hours per day on
the weekend (assuming that you don't have a whole load of users on at
that time).

But this is just me.

John H. Matteson, Jr.
Systems Administrator/ITT Systems
FOB Orgun-E
Afghanistan
DSN - 318 431 8001
VoSIP - (308) 431 - 0000
Iridium - 717.633.3823

"A man who thinks of himself as belonging to a particular national group
in America has not yet become an American. And the man who goes among
you to trade upon your nationality is no worthy son to live under the
Stars and Stripes."  Woodrow Wilson