I have not tried 2007 SCR as yet, but have read a lot on it. SCR looks good,
but do you really want to be doing stuff in command line when the boss is
standing over you wondering when email is going to be back on line? The
thing is, if you go to 2007 then you need to pitch your servers for 64 bit,
and get the appropriate OS as well.

If you are just wanting to get your existing data to an existing standby
box, then Double Take is the way to go. The software will configure your
target server so that all of the appropriate services are set to manual and
stopped. When you failover it will update AD, and add the SPN for the source
server to the target server, plus make any required changes in DNS. Users
only have to restart Outlook if they were signed in at the time of the
failover. And it can be controlled with one mouse click as opposed to having
to type correctly when the poo hits the fan.

On 18/03/2008, Michael B. Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  DoubleTake (as someone else mentioned) and NeverFail are the typical
> recommended solutions.
>

> MessageOne is a typical 3rd party provider providing message continuity.
>

> However, I would recommend you upgrade to Exchange 2007 and use LCR or
> SCR; which are built into the product.
>

> If you really actually want to do active/passive Exchange clustering,
> search on technet.microsoft.com for SCC – Single Copy Clustering.
>

> Regards,
>

> Michael B. Smith
>
> MCSE/Exchange MVP
>
> http://TheEssentialExchange.com <http://theessentialexchange.com/>