From: Rob Bonfiglio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 10:14 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: reclaiming space

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought a file level defrag on an
Exchange DB was a big NO NO and that it would/could corrupt the DB?

--Rob

        <snip>
        Oh, BTW, make sure you run a decent physical file
defragmentation tool
        once you've completed the ESEUTIL defrag, like Perfect Disk
2008. That
        will help you get the file into a contiguous condition and help
your
        disk performance quite a bit.

        </snip>

        John H. Matteson, Jr.
        Systems Administrator/ITT Systems
        FOB Orgun-E
        Afghanistan
        DSN - 318 431 8001
        VoSIP - (308) 431 - 0000
        Iridium - 717.633.3823
        Roshain - 079 - 736 - 3832

        "A man who thinks of himself as belonging to a particular
national group
        in America has not yet become an American. And the man who goes
among
        you to trade upon your nationality is no worthy son to live
under the
        Stars and Stripes."  Woodrow Wilson